In an effort to stay in the 21st Century, Northwood Christian Church (DOC) is now on Twitter. There a couple reasons that we decided to use this social media platform. First, its easy to use and anyone can do it and second, we are going to use Twitter’s text messaging service to function as a way to communicate information to those who wish to subscribe.
The best thing about using Twitter’s service is that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A TWITTER ACCOUNT!
It is super simple– all you need is a cell phone and texting plan.
- Create a new Text message
- In the “to” section (where the phone number goes) put the number 40404
- In the body of the text type Start and press send.
- You will receive a message stating that Twitter has recognized you are trying to use their service.
- Disregard the message and type Follow @NWCCDOC (note: the “@” as to be right next to NWCCDOC) and press send
- You will receive a message that states you are now following the Church’s account. And that’s it!
Every time something is posted on the Twitter account you will receive a message (like the one below).
If you want to stop receiving messages, just type Stop to 40404
FYI NO ONE WILL KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN THIS SYSTEM AND IT DOES NOT CREATE YOU A TWITTER ACCOUNT!
These texts should be limited to 2-3 a week. (Please now that no personal information, prayer requests or anything of that nature will be posted on this website or Twitter.)
If you are on twitter please follow us!Follow @NWCCDOC
Here are our first two tweets
Easter has to be more than the reanimation of a body. Easter is more than a person getting back up from the dead… even Lazarus did this. The message of the Easter more is centered in the notion that God has the power to create life out of something the world thinks is dead, to restore something that seems impossible, to bring forth something from nothing.
Easter is more than eggs and candy– it is about the conquering of death and the promise of grace.– Rev. Evan Dolive
HALLELUJAH! HE IS RISEN!